Another two Manitobans have died with COVID-19.
Today's death toll includes:
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Sante Sud health region (reported Saturday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Sunday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
Public health officials have confirmed 464 new cases of COVID-19 since Friday: 130 cases on Friday, 107 cases Saturday, 149 cases Sunday, and 78 cases today. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 62,907. Today's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.9 per cent provincially and 1.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
Of the 78 new cases identified in Manitoba today, 19 are in individuals who are fully vaccinated. This includes:
- two new cases with one not fully vaccinated in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 10 new cases with five not fully vaccinated in the Northern health region;
- 18 new cases with 14 not fully vaccinated in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 36 new cases with 32 not fully vaccinated in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 12 new cases with seven not fully vaccinated in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
- 1,071 active cases and 60,599 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 83 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 58 people with active COVID-19 as well as 25 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 20 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as four people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- 2,130 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,073,161; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,237.
Three outbreaks have been declared at the following facilities, which have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System:
- Lagimodiere campus of Springs Christian Academy, Winnipeg (Grades 1 to 6 have moved to remote learning);
- Benito Personal Care Home, Benito; and
- Light of the North Covenant Church, Thompson.
The outbreak at St. Augustine's Grade 6 class in Brandon has been declared over.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, variants of concern, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.