Public health officials say that a young child has died from COVID-19.
That individual is a female under 10 from the Winnipeg health region. Her death was announced on Sunday. No other details on the case were available.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.5% provincially and 6.9% in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. Sunday, 97 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 96 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 55,975.
Of the 97 new cases in Manitoba, 1 is in Steinbach, and 1 is in the Niverville/Ritchot Health District.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 14 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region.
- 16 cases in the Northern health region.
- Five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
- 12 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
- 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
As of Sunday afternoon, 72.7% of eligible Manitobans have received at least 1 dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and 36.6% have received two doses.
The data also shows:
- 1,480 active cases and 53,356 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19.
- 193 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
- 94 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 87 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 181 hospitalizations.
- A total of 64 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
- 28 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 24 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 52 ICU patients in Manitoba.
- 12 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 11 in Ontario and one in Alberta.
- 35 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care.
- No COVID-19 patients were transported out of the province for care yesterday.
- 1,631 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 826,662.
- The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,139