No one was injured following a fire Monday afternoon in a downtown apartment complex. 

At around 1:30 p.m. yesterday, fire crews responded to an alarm in a three-storey apartment building in the 200 block of Colony Street.

When crews arrived at the scene, they found smoke in the building. They fought the fire from inside the building, declaring the fire under control a short time later. Damage was contained to the suite where the fire originated.

Occupants of the building safely self-evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Fire officials believe the fire was caused by the improper disposal of a cigarette butt.