There are 179 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, bringing the total number of cases to 66,184. Out of the total number of cases, 1,404 are active.
Out of Thursday's cases, 94 are in people who are not vaccinated, 77 people are fully vaccinated, and eight people are partially vaccinated.
New cases by region on Thursday include:
- 69 Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, 51 not fully vaccainted
- 43 Winnipeg health region, 14 not fully vaccianted
- 32 in the Northern health region, 13 not fully vaccianted
- 28 Prairie Mountain Health region, 19 not fully vaccainted
- seven in the Interlake–Eastern health region, five not fully vaccianted
There have been 63,499 recoveries. The total number of deaths is 1,281.
The eight recent deaths include:
- a female in her 90s from Prairie Mountain Health region linked to an unspecified variant of concern and the outbreak at the Benito Personal Care Home (reported Tuesday)
- a male in his 60s from Southern Health-Santé Sud (reported Wednesday)
- a male in his 70s from Prairie Mountain Health (reported Wednesday)
- a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Thursday)
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Thursday)
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the Delta variant of concern (reported Thursday)
- a female in her 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Third Crossing Manor (reported Thursday)
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Third Crossing Manor (reported Thursday)
Manitoba's five-day test rate is 5.4 per cent and Winnipeg's rate is 2.9 per cent.
In Manitoban hospitals, there are 157 people, with 111 of those cases being active.
There are 30 people in intensive care, with all but six of those people having active cases of the virus.
Outbreaks have been declared over at:
- Westdale School, Grade 6
- HSC GD2 surgery unit
- École Lacerte School, kindergarten
- Ralph Maybank School, Grade 3/4 only
- Edmund Partridge School, Grade 6
There are new outbreaks at Amber Meadow Retirement Home in Winnipeg and Arborg Personal Care Home in Arborg. Both are at (Red) level on the Pandemic Response System.
New Era School, Grade 4/5, in Brandon and École Sacré-Coeur, Grade 2, in Winnipeg are learning online due to outbreaks. The two schools are at Restricted (Orange) level on the Pandemic Response System.
The province says 38 warnings and nine tickets were issued last week. Two were given out for failure to wear a mask inside an indoor place, one to a business, and the rest to individuals.