Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.3 per cent.
Public health officials advise four new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 30s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the unspecified variant of concern;
• a female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.3 per cent provincially and 8.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 189 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, six cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 183 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 55,098.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 19 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 38 cases in the Northern health region;
• 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 26 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 87cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,436 active cases and 51,547 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 258 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
- 143 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 95 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 238 hospitalizations;
• a total of 80 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
- 37 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 23 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 60 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
- 20 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 19 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
• 30 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
- no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
• 2,122 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 811,572; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,115. Due to a data correction, one death that had been reported on June 16 has been removed (a female in her 80s from Winnipeg health region and linked to the alpha variant of concern and the outbreak at Seven Oaks General Hospital (3U4-7).)
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.