There are close to four dozen new COVID-19 cases across the province with close to half of those cases coming from the same region.
The Interlake-Eastern health region is continuing to lead in COVID-19 cases across the province this week. Across the province, there are 47 new COVID-19 cases as of Thursday morning.
- 21 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
- six new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- six new cases in the Northern health region
- one new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
Two people have died, a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern and a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern. This brings the total number of deaths to 1,177.
To date, there are a total 57,548 confirmed cases of the virus in Manitoba with 55,845 recoveries. There are 526 active cases.
Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.1 per cent. Winnipeg's rate is 1.1 per cent.
There are 102 Manitobans receiving hospital care for COVID-19. This includes 67 people who are no longer infectious.
In intensive care, there are 29 people. Ten of those people have active cases.