Several Crestview area residents were awoken early Wednesday morning to find their street littered with fire trucks.

Just after 5:30 a.m., the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to reports of a potential gas leak in a single-family bungalow on Bellavista Crescent.

Firefighters quickly determined the leak was significant and started evacuating neighbouring homes. 

Once Manitoba Hydro attended the scene and crimped the gas line, residents were able to return to their homes.

No injuries were reported.


In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, we encourage you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking our homepage and downloading our app from the Google Play Store or App Store.