An adult male has been detained in custody, and efforts are being made to return identified stolen property to their correct owners.
According to Winnipeg Police Service’s Guns & Gangs Unit, they carried out an investigation involving an adult male and the trafficking and storage of illegal drugs in the Sturgeon Park area.
On October 2, 2023, at about 2:00 p.m., Guns & Gang members located the male suspect operating a mountain bike in the 100 block of Lawndale Avenue and arrested him. Officers determined the bike the suspect was using was previously reported stolen from a residence in July.
Police allegedly searched him and found:
- $32,000 estimated street value worth of Methamphetamine.
- $4,800 estimated street value worth of Fentanyl.
- $10,000 estimated street value worth of Cocaine.
Later the same day, Guns & Gangs Unit members, assisted by the West and North District Community Support Units and the Property Crimes Unit, executed search warrants at the suspect’s residence in the 400 Block of Young Street and a storage locker in the 1200 block of Notre Dame Avenue.
As a result of the search warrants, officers seized:
- $13,000 estimated street value worth of Fentanyl.
- Approximately $4,000 of Canadian Currency.
- Assorted Ammunition.
- Honda 50cc Motorcycle.
- 67 Bicycles.
- Two Tasers.
- Multiple Guitars.
- Several Laptops.
- STIHL Backpack Blower.
- Soft Body Armour.
- Digital Scale.
According to police, the male has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for Trafficking – Methamphetamine.
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for Trafficking – Fentanyl.
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for Trafficking – Cocaine.
- Two accounts of Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon.
- Eight accounts of Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime Under $5,000.
- Two accounts of Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime Over $5,000.