Earth Day is a worldwide environmental movement about keeping our planet clean and protecting its natural resources for future generations. There are lots of clean-up groups and educational activities available to the public.
*Please note, all events are held on April 22 unless stated otherwise.
Assiniboine Park - Party for the Planet:
- Wītaskīwin - Learn the importance of taking care of Mother Earth. Indigenous Languages of Manitoba Inc. and Assiniboine Park Conservancy invite you to gather with Elders, Knowledge Keepers, and other members of the community for a day of learning about the importance of taking care of Mother Earth.
- Earth Day - Join us for a day of nature-based presenters, sessions, and workshops designed to help you learn something new about our planet and how you can help protect it. We even decided to offer half-price admission so you can spend Earth Day in nature, learning how you can make our home a little greener.
- Earth Day at the Children's Museum - Kids have the opportunity to become a climate hero with us for Earth Day this year! Participate in activities and learn about how we can protect the Earth. Be a Home Hero and identify actions you can take at home to conserve energy and experiment with wind power using our giant wind turbines!
- Earth Day Park Clean-up - Sign up for a designated route in the park to clean up – we’ll supply gloves, garbage pickers and bags. Short and long routes are available. Return your items to enter the draw for a prize pack including two free nights of camping in any provincial park! All ages are welcome and dress for the winter weather.
- Earth Day - Take action to support wetlands on this important day! Join a Green Building Tour, be a Wetland Wanderer, and learn the benefits of wetlands to our environment with our various exhibits and presentations.
Public Service Alliance of Canada - Praire Region
- Winnipeg Regional Women's Meeting and Earth Day Clean-up - You are invited to a short meeting at the park, followed by a park clean-up to mark Earth Day.
- Earth Day Clean-up - Every year Charleswood community members gather at Roblin Park Community Centre to participate in our Earth Day clean-up campaign. After a busy winter of activities, community members take the time to clean up the grounds of the centre and surrounding area so it's ready for spring and summer activities.
- Team up to Clean up - It's easy to organize a litter cleanup with your coworkers, community group, neighbourhood association, school, or just your friends and family. The effects of the litter cleanup campaigns are far-reaching. Schools, community organizations, individuals, business improvement zones, local businesses and City departments all participate to keep the city clean. In addition to these cleanup campaigns, there are some groups who request litter bags on a year-round basis from Take Pride Winnipeg!